CESSP was estiblished to cordinate the delivery of University programmes to self-sponsored students. I doing so, CESSP has the following core functions:
- Promotion of the self-sponsored programmes of the University.
- In conjunction with the respective Colleges, maintain accurate records and statistics for self-sponsored students.
- To constantly liaise with the academic units and the Directorate of Quality Assurance on matters relating to quality assurance and quality maintenance of the academic programmes.
- To review and make recommendations on appropriate fees and other charges for the self-sponsored programmes.
- To collect fees from all self-sponsored students in conjunction with the various academic units.
- Disbursements of funds to various units of the University in accordance with the existing University policy.
- Payments to Direct Service Providers (DSPs) in accordance with prevailing university policy.
- To perform any other functions as may be assigned by the University Council from time to time.