University of Nairobi,School of Business
Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration (PhD)
Doctoral studies provide an opportunity for candidates with an outstanding academic background to engage in an advanced study in a specialized field of knowledge. Candidates are expected to have intellectual curiosity, self-discipline and a high level of motivation to succeed in the courses and carry out research.
The programme provides for a wide variety of specializations in management. To prepare PhD candidates for advanced research, teaching and writing skills in their chosen area of specialization, shall be required to take supporting coursework comprising six course units and lasting at least two semesters.
The PhD programme seeks to orient candidates to the informed and critical application of knowledge to problems and issues concerning management disciplines and professions. The doctoral programme is intended to enhance individuals capacity and skills for positions involving teaching, and research, in local and international institutions.
The objectives of the programme are:-
- To enhance skills in the various areas of specialization;
- To provide an opportunity to the candidate to carry out research and present in writing scholarly work; and
- To carry out research in the chosen area of study and submit a Ph.D thesis/dissertation
The following shall be eligible for admission:
- A holder of a Master of Business Administration [MBA] Degree from the University of Nairobi or any other institution recognized by the senate.
- A holder of a Masters degree from the University of Nairobi in areas of specialization relevant to the disciples in the School of Business or from any other institutions recognized by Senate.