UON, SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
Self Sponsored programmes:
Postgraduate Diploma in Training of Trainers
PGD-Training of Trainers) programme shall be offered in the School of Education. Professionals in various disciplines have sought to acquire pedagogical skills and knowledge to carry out training in diverse sectors of industry but are restricted by the requirements of the current Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) where applicants should have two teaching subjects as taught in secondary schools in the Republic of Kenya. The course shall provide the learner with methodological skills which will enable him/her to train/teach in any area in which he/she has acquired adequate content at the first degree level. The applicants for this programme shall include Bachelors, Masters and other higher degree holders wishing to be trainers in various disciplines. Such trained persons readily fit into the training requirements of tutors who teach in the non-traditional school systems such as government and corporate training institutions.
The objective of the programme shall be to enable students to:
- Exercise professional competence as a qualified trainer in learning institutions.
- Show capability in providing mentorship, guidance, counseling and effective teaching in a learning environment.
- Prepare students for research in teaching and learning environment.
- Demonstrate expertise in management and organization of training programme.
- Design and implement a training programme.
1st degree in any field from UoN or any other university recognized by the University of Nairobi senate.