school of law Masters and PhD Programmes
University of Nairobi
School of Law
Master of Law (LLM)
The Master of Laws (LL.M.) course is designed for students who are interested in gaining further skills and specializing in specific areas of law. The programme enables students with the Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) degree to delve into and develop expertise in emerging areas of law at the national, regional and international levels.
The Common Regulations for the Masters degree in all Faculties, Institutes and Schools applies. Categories of persons to whom admission is open include:
- Holders of an LL.B degree with a minimum of Upper Second Class Honours from the University of Nairobi.
- Graduates of any other university whose degrees have been accepted by the University of Nairobi
- Senate to be equivalent to the Bachelor of Laws degree at Upper Second Class Honours.
- Holders of a Bachelor of Laws Degree of the University of Nairobi or its accepted equivalent who have achieved a Lower Second Class Honours and have satisfied Senate that they possess academic qualifications equivalent to Upper Second Class Honours through:
- At least two years of work or relevant experience;
- Relevant research and publications; or
- Attainment of a post-graduate diploma in Law from a recognized academic institution.
For more information contact:
Dean School of Law, Box 30197, Nairobi, Tel: 0724922608/0734273568 20 2314371/5 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org